Welcome to Amitkeerti's World

I am a SW Engineer by Profession and a blogger by choice. I am a voracious reader and like to give my opinion about what i read. I try to convery my thoughts in a way that is meaningful and responsible. In my blog you would find me the way I am. I love to write about my take on the Society in general, Finance, day-to-day interesting events, me, inspirational thoughts. More about me as you read my blog.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Monday, June 08, 2009

songs: in.com : Ghazals

I was searching for some ghazals and to my surprise I found a collection which exactly fits my taste...

The playlist is present at :
http://www.in.com/music/album-ghazal-e-mohabbat-52199.html

Tum Ko Dekha : Jagjit Singh
As always Jagjit singh at his best. Very beautiful

Chupke Chupke : Ghulam Ali
I am a big fan of Ghulam Ali (partly because that is what used to play in my house when i was a kid and partly because i liked his songs).
Chupke Chpke is one of my favourites

Seeli Hawa Choo Gayi : Lata Mangeshkar
Slow paced song that you can listen with your headphones on, eyes closed and you stretched on a couch :)
I had never heard this song. But liked it the fist time.

Badi Nazuk : Jagjit Singh
passable. I cannot relate to a peppy sound track with Jagjit Singh in it. Doesn't go well together

Kahin Kahin Se har chehara : Lata Mangeshkar
Again, I had not heard this song before. Liked it the first time I heard it.

Chandi Jaisa Rang Hai Tera : Pankaj Udhas
One of those rare pankaj udhas classics. Close your eyes and let your mind wander around the lyrics.

Zindagi Jab bhi teri: Talat Aziz
What do I say. I get mesmerized by the song every time I hear it.
So soothing so engaging. You get totally immersed into the song.
I am still humming the song.

Taj Mahal mein aa jana: Nina and Rajendra Mehta
I had never heard this song. Was not impressed. Lyrics does not have the depth.
"Jab aanchal raat ka lehraye, tum taj mahal mein aa jana" does not click....


Awargi : Ghulam Ali
Again I have no words. Ghulam Ali at his best. This is one of those innumerable variations that Ghulam has tried with awargi. I have always liked the original version of Awargi. But Awargi in any form is welcome with open arms.

Ranjish hi sahi : Mehdi Hassan
Very beautiful song

Aaj Jaane ki zid naa karo : Farida Khanum
A classic that you can't stop listening. Farida Khanum is flawless.
If you allow your mind to flow with the ups and downs of the song, you will have an exhilarating ride.


Chandni Raatein: Noor Jehan
Chandni Raatein does not need any introduction. One of the landmark of its time.
(i like the newer version of Chandi raatein as well. If i get link for the new one I will paste it her).


Mohabbat Karne wale: Mehdi Hassan
Very soothing song. Its so beautiful that if you plug it in your ear and close your ears it will sooth you to sleep.



SO if you ask me to pick my songs in the decreasing order of preference

Aaj Jaane Ki Zid naa karo
Tum Ko Dekha
Zindagi Jab be teri
Aawargi
Chupe Chupke Raat din
Chandni Raatein
Chadi Jaisa Rang tera
Mohabbat Karne wale

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mishra DK said...

Hey Actually gr8 ya..thank you ..
I really liked many of the gazals.

Its a gr8 link and main thing is the quality of audio is gr8....

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i honestly enjoy your posting style, very interesting,
don't give up and keep creating as it just good worth to look through it.
looking forward to browse alot more of your posts, stunning day ;)

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free web counter