Welcome to Amitkeerti's World

I am a SW Engineer by Profession and a blogger by choice. I am a voracious reader and like to give my opinion about what i read. I try to convery my thoughts in a way that is meaningful and responsible. In my blog you would find me the way I am. I love to write about my take on the Society in general, Finance, day-to-day interesting events, me, inspirational thoughts. More about me as you read my blog.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cognizant allows select employees to work from home

Read an article in Hindu Business Line that Cognizant is mulling to allow select group of people to work from home...
The logic is that it will:
(a) reduce costs as renting (or buying) office space might be scaled down.
(b) Employees can save time used for commuting
(c) Employees will be available always on demand.
(d) With new Instant Messaging clients can reach the employees any time.

I wish our company also provides such facility. But on the hindsight i feel its fine the way things are for me, for the following reasons
(1) If I work from home, expectation of 24hour availability will be an irritant
(2) I have seen that I am much better of in my office with minimum distractions than to work from home.
(3) Just imagine the bandwidth we will end up using if we work from home !! Frequent calls to fellow team members, Chatting on IM, infinite email transactions, videoconference with team to conduct team meeting !!! Lot of wastage of precious resource. With the dooms day predection that Internet is going to crash by 2011, if all companies adopt work from home stratergy I am sure the prediction will become a surity !!

1 Comments:

Blogger Adele said...


Can I ask you something?

What would you say, if I told you I found a way to literally, make $10 in 10 minutes, over and over again?

What if I then told you, it was fun, anyone can do it, and you can do it right from your computer?

Find out here: How To Survey Online

I know you would be excited.

I remember when I first discovered this, I thought it was too good to be true, but it WASN'T!

Are you interested in seeing what I'm talking about?

Just click the link below and I'll show you exactly what I'm doing!

You need to HURRY though, I'm only going to show the next few people that click the link below!

Learn about this groundbreaking new research here: Online Surveys List

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free web counter