Welcome to Amitkeerti's World

I am a SW Engineer by Profession and a blogger by choice. I am a voracious reader and like to give my opinion about what i read. I try to convery my thoughts in a way that is meaningful and responsible. In my blog you would find me the way I am. I love to write about my take on the Society in general, Finance, day-to-day interesting events, me, inspirational thoughts. More about me as you read my blog.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Livemint: Indian Consumer Survey - Part 9

Livemint is doing a 33 part series on Indian consumer. They have divided the consumer segment into many parts. Below is the figure which shows the various sections of society.


(c) livemint


This blog post deals with the part 9 of the 33 part series. It deals with the section c2 from the above figure
I chose this part because this is where the young vibrant Indian Cross section starts.

Some of the salient points of this section
==> This segment covers 500,000 Indian Households
==> Generally this section consists of migrants moving to newer places/cities
==> Most of these people are between the age group of 25-35 (A third of them are less than 25 years old and 61% of them are between the age of 25-35)
==> 60% of them are graduates and 17% of them are post-graduates. A cross section of this section also holds some form of diploma certificates as well.
==> Majority of the people earn Rs 3 Lakhs or less
==> 78% percent of the people live in rented accommodation and 32% of their salary goes in paying the rent.
==> Food is the second major expenditure for them. Fast food/read-t-eat-food/off-the-shelf-food is the preferred food for majority of these people.
==> 23% of these people are in education and social work. 21% of these people are in construction and real estate. 21% of these people are in Manufacturing. 11% of these people are in Public service and Administration. rest 24% of the people are spread across various jobs (i presume this 24% will include the IT and ITES sectors...)

The figure below summarizes the above points...

(c) livemint.com

Source: http://www.livemint.com/2010/02/14213006/Single-in-the-city-and-living.html

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free web counter