Welcome to Amitkeerti's World

I am a SW Engineer by Profession and a blogger by choice. I am a voracious reader and like to give my opinion about what i read. I try to convery my thoughts in a way that is meaningful and responsible. In my blog you would find me the way I am. I love to write about my take on the Society in general, Finance, day-to-day interesting events, me, inspirational thoughts. More about me as you read my blog.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Penguins a Love story

On 26th of May at 9 PM on Nat Geo the story of the penguins unfolded.
One of the much awaited documentaries was interesting and fun to watch. The voice over was done by Amitabh Bachchan.

The tale of this wonderful creature struggling against all odds on the lonely continent was very moving. The way the penguins are born and the way they adapt to their surrounding was beautifully potrayed.

I also liked the way the male and the female penguin share the responsibility of bringing up the baby. By sharing I mean actually sharing the pain of keeping the baby under its fur so that it grows. Both the male and female penguin take turns to grow the baby penguins. They also share the responsibilty of bringing food for the baby when they are growing. When the male is taking care of the baby, the female penguin goes in search of food and vice versa.

And finally when the baby penguin is old enough to fend for itself, its parents just leave it and go. Never to return back even to have a look at its kids. Seems rather harsh on the small penguin. But maybe thats the way to learn to live.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shreya said...

you can read my blog?!?!! how did you get access?! oh.. crap.. my username :)

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free web counter