Welcome to Amitkeerti's World

I am a SW Engineer by Profession and a blogger by choice. I am a voracious reader and like to give my opinion about what i read. I try to convery my thoughts in a way that is meaningful and responsible. In my blog you would find me the way I am. I love to write about my take on the Society in general, Finance, day-to-day interesting events, me, inspirational thoughts. More about me as you read my blog.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Chetan Bhagat Amitkeerti and Mahatma Gandhi

I am sure the 3 names in the subject line taken together do not make any sense.
And I am sure you are wondering how on earth are they linked...

Well...
Today I was reading an interview on Chetan Bhagat in rediff website.

complete interview is present at:
http://specials.rediff.com/getahead/2008/may/15video1.htm

During the interview he says and I quote from rediff:
"The critical reviews are not there? Ok, fine. Why should I give them so much of my time, when there are millions of people who love me? Why not I try to make the people who love me happier, rather than the people who don't love me, and try to win them over? (My fans) are important to me because they made me. Today, you're (amit: you meaning the journalist...)sitting here because of my fans, only. They are everything to me. They are my muscles"

For some reason after reading this piece of interview, my mind wandered towards Mahatma Gandhi...
During his struggle and during the period between 1942 - 48 He was constantly trying to woo Mohammad ali Jinnah. He knew his fans (Hindus) were always with him, but he was rather uncomfortable that his critic (Jinnah) was never with him. So mahatma Gandhi tried in vain to try to woo his critic (Jinnah) to come in his fold. I think this erked one of his fans (Nathuram Godse). Probably Nathuram could not take the fact that Mahatma was so much engrossed with his critic that he forgot his fans. In this fit of desperation/anger/hopelessness he must have pulled the trigger ending the life of the Sage of Ahimsa.

In my mind one connected thought pricks me...
As Chetan Bhagat says... Why should I worry about my Critics... I should be more worried about my fans...
What if Mahatma had thought on the same lines...
History would have been entirely different !!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free web counter