Welcome to Amitkeerti's World

I am a SW Engineer by Profession and a blogger by choice. I am a voracious reader and like to give my opinion about what i read. I try to convery my thoughts in a way that is meaningful and responsible. In my blog you would find me the way I am. I love to write about my take on the Society in general, Finance, day-to-day interesting events, me, inspirational thoughts. More about me as you read my blog.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Livemint: Indian Consumer Survey - Part 10

This blog post deals with the part 10 of the 33 part series on Indian Consumer Survey. It deals with the section c2 from the above figure
I chose this part because it is next logical step for the young vibrant India. You are married, you dont have any children and you stay in a nuclear family !


(c) livemint.com

Some salient points of this section of society:
==> This segment constitutes of about 800,000 people.
==> Majority of the junta is in the age group of 25-34 (54%). About 37% of the people are in the age group of 35-44 and about 6% in the age group of 45-54.
==> Though all are married, 34% of their spouce do not stay with them (probably they stay in their village because the main bread earner is yet to settle down in the cities...)
==> These people will move into C4 and C5 category as their next transition.
==> Annual Median Household income is about Rs 1,34,000. About 72% of the people earn less than 3 Lakhs per year. 13% between 3-5 lakhs, 8% between 5-10 Lakhs and about 7% above 10 lakhs.
==> 11% of the people work in construction/Real Estate. 15% work in Manufacturing. 20% work in public administration and 24% work in Education and Social Work. 17% are self employed (Doctors, Lawyers, trade, financial services ex: LIC agents, MF agents etc)
==> The chief wage earner is generally educated. 62% have graduate degree. 21% have post-graduate degree and about 16% of them have some form of diploma/certificate.
==> 40% of their income is spent on Rent. 18% on food and about 31% on services like medical, education, conveyance, entertainment etc)


(c) livemint.com

Image Source: http://www.livemint.com/2010/02/21205847/CCF335FF-3437-431C-A8D2-C1FA8896DEDFArtVPF.pdf

Source: http://www.livemint.com/2010/02/21205847/Rent-pinches-the-young-amp-m.html

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free web counter