Welcome to Amitkeerti's World

I am a SW Engineer by Profession and a blogger by choice. I am a voracious reader and like to give my opinion about what i read. I try to convery my thoughts in a way that is meaningful and responsible. In my blog you would find me the way I am. I love to write about my take on the Society in general, Finance, day-to-day interesting events, me, inspirational thoughts. More about me as you read my blog.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Retirement adivice for bill gates !!!

I was reading this article on rediff...
http://in.rediff.com/money/2008/jun/26forbes.htm
which was inturn picked from forbes.com.
Forbes went and asked some investment gurus as to what should bill gates do after retirement...
Most of thoughts sounded strange and bizzare. My favourite is the following:

Chuck Carlson, CEO Horizon Investment Services; editor, Drip Investor
Gates should position his money with Horizon Investment Services (my firm). We would set up an investment program that would match his unusually long retirement period (after all, he is retiring at just 52) with proper risk controls to ensure that he does not outlive his funds.

We would probably have to put him on some budget, of course. Assuming a normal 4%-per-year withdrawal rate, I think we could budget about $6.3 million per day, or around $4,375 per minute. I'm quite confident that should meet his and Melissa's spending needs

[Amit]: Did you read the first paragraph... I quote: "with proper risk controls to ensure that he does not outlive his funds.". Jesus Christ !!!! Bill Gates outliving his funds !!!
And read again the second paragraph again... We would probably have to put him on some budget, of course This is amazing... putting gates on a budget !!!! very good.


THe only advice which looked remotely sensibe was the one below...

Curtis Hesler, editor, Professional Timing Service

Given that Bill will not have to worry about money, he can likely wed several more wives, give them all credit cards and still outlive his wealth. It requires a third generation (his grandchildren) to destroy a fortune.

His main concern should be where he is going to find competent health care regardless of cost. It is going to be increasingly difficult to find decent medical care, at least in the U.S., although he can travel elsewhere, and I am considering India myself. It is the things that money cannot buy that Gates will need most in his retirement. However, if I were him I would build my own hospital and hire the last internist on the planet (a vanishing breed indeed).


So strange the way investment advisors think !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free web counter