Welcome to Amitkeerti's World

I am a SW Engineer by Profession and a blogger by choice. I am a voracious reader and like to give my opinion about what i read. I try to convery my thoughts in a way that is meaningful and responsible. In my blog you would find me the way I am. I love to write about my take on the Society in general, Finance, day-to-day interesting events, me, inspirational thoughts. More about me as you read my blog.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

From the land of white elephants: Thailand

After lot of anxious moments (much to the pain of my fellow chinese coleagues), my chinese visa finally arrived yesterday and as expected I was given a short notice of just about 2 hours to pack and rush.

Pulling myself from my office couch I rushed back home, packed my bags in a jifty and was just about to take a breather when the taxi guy gave a beep. So without even taking a bite into my evening supper I rushed out to the All new Bengaluru International Airport. With all the critisicm from the hop notch industrialist, I found the Airport quite attractive. Much better than the HAL airport ofcourse !!!

I somehow managed to pass my time and boarded the Thai Airways flight at 00:30 today morning. After an okey dokey meal and a small nap of about an hour I landed in the bangkok airport.

Suvarnabhoomi International Airport seems so soothing to the ears and considering that it is thiland it makes you even more proud of your heritage and the vast expance of the hadappa Mohenjodado dynasty :)

The airport is huge by any standards ad looks very attractive and beautifully maintained. I was impressed by the uniqueness of the airport. They have tried to imbibe the historic evens into the airport as well.
At one point I came across the Samudra manthana epic depicted in a huge carving/sculpture. Lort shiva standing on the huge mountain which inturn is being turned by tortise. The sea being churned using a snake. One one side is the Rakhsasa (deamons) and on the other side are the devatas (gods) and the ocean churns out the amrutha. At the helm of the manthana (Churning) stands Lord Shiva in purple (Neelakantha as we call me after this event). It was indeed a pleasurable site.

Iproceeded to the Business lounge eager to take a bite at the morning breakfast. After a sumptous breakfast and a picture full Orange Juice, I was strolling down the lunge and I saw this cyber cafe. What more good reason do you need to blog than this...

As I keep blogging A pleasent lady stands behind me explaing tha they have a complementary Neck and Shoulder Massage right next to this room. Isnt it time to get pampered. So here I go...

More about my trip as I go...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free web counter