Welcome to Amitkeerti's World

I am a SW Engineer by Profession and a blogger by choice. I am a voracious reader and like to give my opinion about what i read. I try to convery my thoughts in a way that is meaningful and responsible. In my blog you would find me the way I am. I love to write about my take on the Society in general, Finance, day-to-day interesting events, me, inspirational thoughts. More about me as you read my blog.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Kopi Luwak

The costliest coffee in the world costs $130 a pound.
Its called Kopi Luwak.

It is made from the shit of a marsupial Asian Palm Civet. This Civet eats the berries. But it cannot digest the bean inside the berry and throws it out. Local workers collect these beans and make coffee...

Why cant the workers just extract the bean from the berry themselves ?
well... probably it makes the coffee all the more exotic the way it is done now :)

you can read about kopi luwak from the following wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

And about the Civet at the following wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Palm_Civet

And you thought whats in a shit :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free web counter