Welcome to Amitkeerti's World

I am a SW Engineer by Profession and a blogger by choice. I am a voracious reader and like to give my opinion about what i read. I try to convery my thoughts in a way that is meaningful and responsible. In my blog you would find me the way I am. I love to write about my take on the Society in general, Finance, day-to-day interesting events, me, inspirational thoughts. More about me as you read my blog.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Reason for Guru Dutt's Sucicide

Read an article on Guru Dutt on the real reason why he committed suicide.
http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2008/jul/10slid1.htm

Satya Saran (Editor of DNA newspaper's ME suppliment) met Abrar Alvi (who inturn was the last person to talk with Guru Dutt on the fatefull day. Abrar Alvi is also the director of Sahib Biwi aur Ghulam).
Now Sathya Saran has written a book called Ten Years With Guru Dutt -- Abrar Alvi's Journey.
This book depicts the wrecked relationship between Geeta Dutt and Guru Dutt. The book explains an incident when Geeta Dutt spied on Guru Dutt (suuposedly instigated by Geeta Dutt's friend Smriti Biswas).
Geeta Dutt supposedly believed that Guru Dutt and Waheeda Rehman had an affair. So she spied on Guru Dutt.

On slide 5 on this website goes through the last day of Guru Dutt.

BTW Guru Dutt's actual name was Gurudutt Padukone. He has South Canara origins and hails from Karnataka.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free web counter