Welcome to Amitkeerti's World

I am a SW Engineer by Profession and a blogger by choice. I am a voracious reader and like to give my opinion about what i read. I try to convery my thoughts in a way that is meaningful and responsible. In my blog you would find me the way I am. I love to write about my take on the Society in general, Finance, day-to-day interesting events, me, inspirational thoughts. More about me as you read my blog.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Monday, August 18, 2008

Rafael Nadal is Numero Uno

This is a historic day in tennis. Rafael Nadal broke the record streak of 237 weeks of Roger Federer's Top position to dethrone him and become the No1.

It is both a happy and sad day. Happy for Rafael Nadal who takes over from Roger Federer. Rafael was THE lone worthy heir to the throne and he deserves to take the baton. It is a sad moment because it marks an end of sorts of domination of Roger on the world tennis.

I am not writing an obituary for Roger nor am I writing him off. But the fact that Rafael beet the unbeatable at Wimbeldon only goes to show that Roger has peaked and his Worthy opponent has taken over. I wish to see more and more encounters between the two greats before Roger calls it a day.

Cudos to Nadal and Roger, pull up your socks !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free web counter