Welcome to Amitkeerti's World

I am a SW Engineer by Profession and a blogger by choice. I am a voracious reader and like to give my opinion about what i read. I try to convery my thoughts in a way that is meaningful and responsible. In my blog you would find me the way I am. I love to write about my take on the Society in general, Finance, day-to-day interesting events, me, inspirational thoughts. More about me as you read my blog.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Humpty Dumpty Sat On a Wall

If you thought Humpty Dumpty who sat on a wall and fell down was an egg then you are sadly mistaken.
Humpty Dumpty was actually a giant cannon which was used during the civil war of 1642-1651.
In Sam FOster's book "hey Diddle diddle" he claims that the cannon which was present on the church in Colchester fell down during a seige.

No Wonder the following lines never made sense to me when i tried to relate it to an EGG !!!
all the kings horses and all the kings men
couldnt put humpty together again

(why should kings men try to put an egg together !!!!)



The book further claims that the song baa! baa! black sheep rhyme was a satire on King Edward for collecting wool tax. the rhyme divides the wool into 3 parts and one part was to the master(the king) and the 2nd to the dame (the church) and the 3rd to the little boy (people)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free web counter