Welcome to Amitkeerti's World

I am a SW Engineer by Profession and a blogger by choice. I am a voracious reader and like to give my opinion about what i read. I try to convery my thoughts in a way that is meaningful and responsible. In my blog you would find me the way I am. I love to write about my take on the Society in general, Finance, day-to-day interesting events, me, inspirational thoughts. More about me as you read my blog.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Movie: English : Angels and Daemons


Credits
=======
Director : Roh Howard
Actors : Tom Hanks aka Robert Langdon, Ayelet Zurer aka Vittoria Vetra.


Director Ron Howard is back with his second offering of Robert Langdon's religious adventure in the form of Angels and Daemons. This is an adaptation from Dan Brown's novel which goes by the same name. Though written before Da Vinci Code, this was made into a movie after the success of Da Vinci Code.

The beloved pope has died under mysterious circumstances. 4 cardinals/preferitti (i.e. the preferred people for the pope's role) have been kidnapped from the vatican.
A letter has been sent to church threatening to eliminate the 4 preferitti's. Along with the letter, is a scribbling of symmetrical words on a paper. Illuminati are supposed to be back and with a vengeance!
Symbologist Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) is enjoying a dip in his pool when he is requested to come to Vatican to help solve the mystery. The 4 preferitti's are supposed to be eliminated one after the other, every hour, starting at 8 in the night.
Vatican in the 16th century was supposedly against Science and philosophy. The scientists and philosophers were tortured and humiliated during that period. They has supposedly formed a secret brotherhood called Illuminati. In one incident 4 scientists were killed in 16th century. This kidnapping was supposed to be to take revenge against the Vatican.
In the meantime a scientific experiment is being conducted to collide particles at the speed of light to obtain the antimatter. The experiment is a success and scientists are able to extract the antimatter into small glass jars. Vittora Verti is thrilled to know about this and rushes to the laboratory only to find fellow scientist dead on the floor and one jar of anti matter missing.
Vetri and Langdon meet at the vatican to solve the twin mysteries.
What follows next is a tale of following clues and gory killings.

My Impression
=============
It is a very interesting tale of Illuminati and the secret brotherhood. Also interesting is the suspense and drama in the backdrop of the Vatican. Though I have not read Angels and Daemons, I could follow the story quite easily and enjoy it thoroughly.
The thrill factor is maintained throughout the movie. The story of Angels and Daemons is like Da Vinci in the sense that there is supposed to be a brotherhood and Rober Langdon follows a series of clues. Also, both stories were about Christianity. But both pieces of work are different in the fact that the story line is entirely different. So in that sense, it was a pleasure to be treated with a new suspense movie.
I had a great time watching it and I would consider it a great work.

Cons
====
I could find many loop holes in the story. Either I did not watch the movie properly or I was really engrossed and was able to catch the mistakes


Rating
=======
I will give it a 7 out of 10 and a thumbs up for the effort.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free web counter