Welcome to Amitkeerti's World

I am a SW Engineer by Profession and a blogger by choice. I am a voracious reader and like to give my opinion about what i read. I try to convery my thoughts in a way that is meaningful and responsible. In my blog you would find me the way I am. I love to write about my take on the Society in general, Finance, day-to-day interesting events, me, inspirational thoughts. More about me as you read my blog.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Livemint: Indian Consumer Survey - Part 12

Part 12 looks at the C5 Segment of Indian Urban Society.

The different sections are depicted in the image below.

(c) livemint.com

Some salient features of this segment are:
==> This segment comprises of 250,000 households amounting to probably around 900,000 people
==> 88% of the households have 3-4 members in the house and only 11% have more than 2 children.
==>85% of the families have just one wage-earner in the family and only 15% of the families have their spouse working.
==> Median Household salary is 2.24 Lakhs (close to Rs 20,000 per month). Salary Struture is explained below:


==> In 36% of the families, the chief wage earner is 25-34 years and in 56% of the families the chief wage earner is between 35-44 (together the these 2 make up 92% of the families)

==> The industry type in which the family members work is given below:

(The 30% would contain people in the IT and ITES sector)

==> The image below shows the spending pattern of the people falling in C5 segment. You will notice that services forms a major chunk and Conveyence is a bigger part of the services pie. Rent is the second biggest porting of the spending.



==> About 49% of the people own a house and 47% of them live in rented accomodation (I wounder if 49% of the people live in own house then how come the Houseig loan does not figure in the Spending pattern of the households. Dont tele me all 49% of the people did an outright purchase of the house !!!!)

==> 65% of the chief wage earner has some kind of graduate degree and 21% have post graduate degree. 14% of them have done a diploma/certificate course.

Source: http://www.livemint.com/2010/03/07210018/The-rise-of-the-nuclear-family.html

This is the rising india and this segment should be keenly watched. Nuclear families are the order of the day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free web counter