Welcome to Amitkeerti's World

I am a SW Engineer by Profession and a blogger by choice. I am a voracious reader and like to give my opinion about what i read. I try to convery my thoughts in a way that is meaningful and responsible. In my blog you would find me the way I am. I love to write about my take on the Society in general, Finance, day-to-day interesting events, me, inspirational thoughts. More about me as you read my blog.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Movie : Hindi : Stone Man Murders






Credits
======
Kay Kay Mennon, Arbaz Khan

Sanjay is a fire brand police officer. He is know for his voilent approach in solving cases. He gets involved in a custodial death of a local thug. He is suspended from duty.
In the mean time, a series of killings are unleashed on the streets of Mumbai. The Footpath sleepers are getting killed at regular intervals of time. The case starts to get media coverage as the killer is not caught and the killings keep increasing.

Sanjay (Kay Kay Mennon) pleads with his boss to give him a chance to prove his mantle. He promises to solve the case and in return wants his job back. His boss does not give him his job back but asks him to start his investigation in the background. His boss also warns him not to inform anyone that he has authorized him unofficially to look into the case.

Sanjay starts to reconnect with his old hawaldar and his infomers to know about the killings. His informer gives him a tip that it could be the taxi driver Mohammad. This taxi driver talks and acts strange. So all slum dwellers think he is the killer. Sanjay starts to follow the taxi driver.

What follows next is a series of clues, leads and misleads and more killings.

My Impression
===========
I was pleasently surprised with the movie. I did not expect it to such an engaging and nail biting movie. I watched it in my bus. The movie was so interesting that I never got to know the 2 hour bus ride.

Story
====
It is based on the serial killings wittnessed in 1983 in Mumbai. Very interesting story and an equally good script.

Acting
======
Kay Kay Menon and Arbaz put up a great show. Both sound very natual in the movie. Great piece of acting.

Rating
=====
I would give it a 7 out of 10 a thumbs up. It should be watched atleast once.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free web counter