Welcome to Amitkeerti's World

I am a SW Engineer by Profession and a blogger by choice. I am a voracious reader and like to give my opinion about what i read. I try to convery my thoughts in a way that is meaningful and responsible. In my blog you would find me the way I am. I love to write about my take on the Society in general, Finance, day-to-day interesting events, me, inspirational thoughts. More about me as you read my blog.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Amitabh Bachchan on the sea link inauguration function

Below is an article about Amitabh's clarification as to why he attended the function.

Ibnlive Article on Amithabh's response about the function


Amitabh clarifies his reason for attending the function. On the sideline he makes a point which even I have noted...

=========================
"I'm not bothered whether credit is given to me, but what worries me is this, there is a very cynical temperament which is pervading in society that pervades media as such if you excuse my saying, where there is deliberate attempt to find fault first rather than give credit. I think that as a nation we need to change that," he said.
=========================

I completely agree with the observation made by Amitabh. I don't watch TV very often so I cannot comment on the Media part, but yes I agree about the "cynical temperament of the society" part.

I sometimes wonder how and why we have reached a stage where people are so cynical (please note this includes me as well. I have been cynical enough number of times on various issues. But I do realize that I have been acting cynical.)
Is it the work and frustration ?
Is it the family and kids ?
Is it the desire to earn more and having a feeling of not earning enough ?
Is it the neighbors growth leading to jealousy ?
Is it the helplessness at the state of affairs in the society ?
Is it because we don't know what we want and cannot appreciate what we have ?
Is it the fear of the future ?
Is it the guilt/shame/unease of the past ?

or is it a mixture of all the above ?

Why have we (including me :) ) become so cynical?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free web counter