Welcome to Amitkeerti's World

I am a SW Engineer by Profession and a blogger by choice. I am a voracious reader and like to give my opinion about what i read. I try to convery my thoughts in a way that is meaningful and responsible. In my blog you would find me the way I am. I love to write about my take on the Society in general, Finance, day-to-day interesting events, me, inspirational thoughts. More about me as you read my blog.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Elaine Morgan Says we evolved from aquatic apes

Below i9s a 17 minute video in which Elaine Morgan talks about Harvey's theory that we evolved from Aquatic apes rather than chimps.

She gives 5 arguements why she believes in the theory.
http://www.ted.com/talks/elaine_morgan_says_we_evolved_from_aquatic_apes.html

A very interesting view.
4 of them that immediately come to my mind are:
1. We are hairless and naked compared to chims
2. We can speak because we can hold our breath
3. We can walk on 2 legs
4. We deposited fat just below the skin like a whale unlike a 4 legged animal who deposits it near kidney and other internal organs.

She believes that the scientific community has to open up to this Idea. She hopes and believes that there will be a fusion of Darvin's theory and Harvey's theory just like there was a fusion of Mendel's theory and Darvin's theory.
She hopes that the scientific community takes up this piece of idea and the acedemia accepts it early :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free web counter